01.01.2008.
Night Vigil
in the twilight hour all is still
all lights out
except for my nocturnal eyes, fluorescent
shining on oscuridades
spotlight rolling
exposing crevices on walls
shaded pastel surfaces
elongated door structures
furnishing converted into bultos by the darkness
como los que te espantaron cuando niña
„cúrala de susto”
dijo tu abuelita:
in your juvenile memory
four little broomstraws forming crosses
an egg, water
in night surroundings while others sleep
my heart thumps, off beat
absolutely refusing to align itself with time
ticking rhythmically
from faithful clock
marking time
advancing time
in night surroundings while others dream
I can taste my solitude
my imagination spins
images take form
I recall the splendor of beaches in the Caribbean
warmed by the sun
caressed by waters blue
I recall the powerful thrusts of the Atlantic
the pacific
I envision beaches being swallowed up by the night tide
the color of the obsidian
moon illuminating rapture
I picture in my mind
receding waters
por la mañana
exposing sprinklings of starfish, urchins, seashell pedals
pink
nocturnal creatures slithering, crawling, stretching
traces of last night’s liquid passion
(what the stars will not tell)
realization anchored in this knowledge:
the universe is immeasurable;
the constellations shine so
thoughtglow spins into silvermist, then silverblack
then into live darkness
feelings, sensations have collected themselves back inward
to self-consuming origins
in depth of memories reconcealed
images have disappeared before my very eyes
like they were the tails of comets
or path of falling stars
images have vanished in colorful flashes
dash by dash
like silk scarf streamers would
into elegant skillful, white-gloved hands
of magician
consciousness retreats into my breathing body
I am back in this room
I feel calm awareness of heart pumping lifeblood rhythmically
my own body warmth sends chill through my bones
warmth regenerates
I breathe in stillness
with ease
solitude, darkness, quiet
envelop me once more
feelings of loneliness, forlornness gather in my chest
they weigh my heart
sentimiento slowly transforms into a focused thought –
spotlight rolling again
mind fluorescent, sensors beaming
surveillant
sideglance:
the sky glows opaque
window frames silhouette of tree with winter limbs
the branches are brittle, made so by the frost
they are silver-lined with moonmist
they are beautiful, elegant
they express artistry, magic
closing my eyes, I turn inward
I feel fluid, serene, peaceful
my mind lies potent with imagination
all is silent around me
I am by myself
I am singular
the night’s presence cushions me
its embrace is pillow soft
como un indio
who in stillness detects stampede
of approaching herd
I detect
far off in the distance
an approaching train
its heavy rhythmic speeds transmits velocity through my bones
its iron clanking sounds are muffed, sifted
by the night air thick with mist and fog
I hear its familiar whistle
its distant call slowly permeates through nightspace
it rings solitude
immense sadness engulfs me
it is upon me
but it quickly begins to fade
like a tumbleweed of sound
rolling by:
I wonder who this nighttrain traveler is
I wonder how he feels about this vast sea
of nocturnal singular existence
I pull multicolored quilt over my head
mind rests assured:
in the morning the sea will flow aquablue
sparkling and vibrant, activated by the sun
brilliance, inspiration
will explode from within the spirit, uncontained
but tonight
nocturnal naked eyes keep watch
beholding with awe
heart’s inner vision:
moment’s pause
del corazón
anchored in perennial motion
like cascades of the ocean waves
gushing
crowned with white lace liquid patterns
jeweled with watermist of pearls exquisite
crescents volatile, explosive
energía sculptured
by force of rolling tide
by Evangelina Vigil – Pinon

No comments:
Post a Comment